Who loves Chick-Fil-A? What’s not to love? There are waffle fries, mac and cheese, the milkshakes, and of course chicken? Chick-Fil-A is a fan favorite in our house. So, when I found this Chick-Fil-A copycat recipe a few weeks ago, I just had to give it a try! We made it using gluten free flour and gluten free breadcrumbs and the chicken still got very crispy in the oven. We also made the chicken two ways: cutting the chicken into nugget size as well as making whole chicken breasts. Both turned out great!
Eating Chick-Fil-A on a Sunday is possible with this copycat oven baked Chick-Fil-A nuggets recipe. To learn how to make this super simple 4-6 serving baked chicken, read on.
Prep Time and Cook Time
This Recipe takes about an hour and 15 minutes of prep time and about 20 minutes to bake. Note: if making whole chicken breasts it was closer to 35 minutes to bake.
Ingredients You Will Need for the Chicken Nuggets
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup dill pickle juice (from the jar)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cooking oil spray
Steps to Prepare the Chicken Nuggets
- Cut up your chicken into small nugget sized pieces, making sure to remove any fatty parts and the tendons.
- The second step, and honestly the secret ingredient to making these taste just like Chick-Fil-A, is to marinate the chicken in a milk and pickle juice bath for an hour before you are ready to bake them.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place parchment paper on your baking sheet
- Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray
- Place your dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, bread crumbs, powdered sugar, salt, paprika, and onion powder
- Remove the chicken pieces from the milk and pickle juice making sure to let the excess liquid drip off
- Place the chicken in the bowl of dry ingredients and mix it up until each piece of chicken is nicely coated
- Take each piece of chicken out of the bowl and place them on the baking sheet
- Spray the nuggets with your cooking spray until covered. The more you spray the dry patches of breading here the more crispy the nuggets will be.
- Bake the chicken nuggets in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown
- We recommend flipping them halfway through to make sure each side gets crispy
- Enjoy your Chick-Fil-A at home!
A Complete Copycat Chick-Fil-A Dinner
To complete our copycat Chick-Fil-A dinner we made seasoned waffle fries and broke out those extra Chick-Fil-A sauces we had in our refrigerator! It was a delicious and fairly easy dinner that everyone enjoyed! Eating Chick-Fil-A on a Sunday is totally possible with this copycat oven baked gluten free Chick-Fil-A nuggets recipe.
What Copycat Dinner Recipe Do you Like Best?
We always love trying new recipes and sharing them with you! Is there something you want to see us make? Have a favorite recipe that you wish you could find a gluten free version of? Send them our way! We would love to try it out and feature the recipe on the blog.