If you don’t have an Instant Pot, GET ONE! If you do have an Instant Pot and are afraid to use it, USE IT! The Instant Pot can be used for pressure cooking, slow cooking, yogurt making, and anything in between. Basically, it’s a crockpot on steroids. Recently, the Instant Pot has been our go to appliance for quick and easy dinners. Although the Instant Pot can be intimidating, once you get used to it, we promise you will love it!
This recipe for chicken, veggies, and potatoes is super simple. The recipe is simply all of the ingredients thrown into your Instant Pot. What we like about this recipe is that you can even use frozen chicken. Read below for one of our favorite, quick and easy Instant Pot recipes.
Recipe: Instant Pot Chicken, Veggies, and Potatoes
One thing we like about this recipe is that you can eyeball everything and it will still come out great. When we say this recipe is simple, we aren’t lying! This recipe serves 4 people and takes anywhere from 35-45 minutes start to finish.
- 1 cup of water or chicken broth
- 4-6 chicken skinless chicken tenderloins or breast (frozen or thawed)
- 4 potatoes (any kind works)
- Your favorite fresh vegetable (we like to throw in a bag of fresh green beans and/or baby carrots from our local grocery store)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Get your Instant Pot and Instant Pot rack out. Put the rack inside the Instant Pot.
- Fill your Instant Pot with 1 cup of water or chicken broth. Tip: If you want something with more flavor, we suggest the chicken broth. Water works just fine though!
- Put your chicken breast on top of the rack and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cube your potatoes and throw them on top of the chicken and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- With the fresh vegetables, easily just throw them on top of your chicken and potatoes. Season your vegetables with salt and pepper to your liking as well.
- Close your Instant Pot and set to high pressure for 15 minutes or frozen chicken, or 11 minutes for thawed chicken. Note: The Instant Pot will take 10-15 minutes to preheat until it starts cooking.
- Once it is complete, quick release the pressure on your Instant Pot.
- Check the temperature of your chicken and make sure it is cooked to at least 165 degrees fahrenheit. If your chicken is not cooked, close the Instant Pot and cook for another 2 minutes. Once the 2 minutes is up, quick release again,
- Serve and enjoy!
Once you enjoy your delicious meal, it’s time for the worst part, cleaning it up. We hate cleaning up dinner , especially when it takes so long. Lucky for you, this recipe is easy from start to finish. All you have to do is put your leftovers in a container, take the Instant Pot insert and rack out, and then just clean it in the sink. The nice thing about the rack is that you can throw that into the dishwasher.
Don’t Be Afraid of the Instant Pot!
After reading this recipes, does the Instant Pot really sound that scary? It isn’t as scary as you think. Honestly, we think once you get the hang of it, you will love it as much as we do. Remember what they say, “practice makes perfect.”
Do you want to see more Instant Pot recipes? Please comment below with recipes you would like to see. Also, please share with us on Instagram or Facebook of any recipes you have tried, we would love to get more ideas. Thanks for reading and enjoy your Instant Pot chicken, veggies, and potatoes!