You love having your nails done, but it can be a real pain to do all the work yourself. It’s nice to go to the salon and be treated to a spa manicure and pedicure, but that gets expensive, and gel polish can be hard on your nails. Are we right? And when you do your own nails you have to wait for the polish to dry. How many times have you had an itch that you can’t scratch because your polish is wet? Or you have to go to the bathroom and can’t get your pants down? Or you hit something and get a smudge or dent in your polish and have to start all over? Ugh! We have a solution for you, along with an honest review of the product. Introducing Color Street.
What is Color Street?
Color Street is 100% nail polish in a strip form. It is a base coat, color coat, and top coat all in one. It comes off easily with nail polish remover–just peel and apply. No dry time, no smudges! Color Street is made in the USA. The Color Street foundation donates to various causes throughout the year, such as domestic violence awareness, multiple sclerosis, breast cancer, and infant loss.
Suggestions and Tips for Using Color Street Nails
- Apply prior to going to bed to avoid getting Color Street strips wet for several hours, and to allow the polish to set.
- For best results apply at room temperature.
- When ready to remove, do not peel Color Street off your nails. Use nail polish remover. Mineral Fusion is a good one to try.
- If you would rather soak off, put some warm water in a bowl and put Mineral Fusion in a plastic baggie and soak.
- Buff nails in-between applications, and apply cuticle oil.
- If your nails are dry, instead of using the provided prep pad, simply wash hands in Dawn dish soap.
- Apply to your pinky finger first and work your way to your thumb. In this manner, you can use your thumb to help apply Color Street polish strips to your other fingers.
- For stronger adherence, apply your own base coat (allow to dry) before applying Color Street.
- For longer lasting results, apply a clear top coat after Color Street is set, and then reapply every couple of days.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Applying Color Street Nails
1. Remove clear cover
2. Peel polish strip
3. Remove silver tab and select an end
4. Apply to nail and gently stretch to fit
5. Use fingernail to crease tip and remove excess polish with fingernail or gently file
Our Honest Review of Color Street
We really do love Color Street! We’ve found the glitter strips easier to apply and longer lasting than the regular strips. If you have small fingers and nails, you may want to try the petite size. Colors are a bit more limited, however. We’ve also found that using our own base and base and top coat makes Color Street last longer. If you get Color Street over the edge of your cuticle, simply use a cuticle trimmer to trim the edge of the polish; otherwise, Color Street strips may lift or peel. For best results, be careful when stretching so the polish strip doesn’t tear.
Applying Color Street polish strips isn’t difficult, but you do get better with practice. And there you have it!
Where to Buy Color Street
Facebook: Brenda’s Hue Highway
A Little About Brenda
Brenda is a mom of four grown children. She works as a teacher, as well as an EMT and phlebotomist at a local hospital. In her free time Brenda loves to play with her one year-old puppy, Holly (Woods), and her two granddaughters. Her three year-old granddaughter loves Color Street and can’t wait for LaLa (that’s Brenda) to do her nails. Brenda started with Color Street when the pandemic shut down nail salons. She bought several strips from a friend, and then was buying every week because she wanted to try different combinations. She ultimately decided to just sell the product herself. What does Brenda love the most about Color Street, outside of the convenience? In her words, “the color and pattern combinations are virtually endless!”
We hope you have the opportunity to try Color Street for yourself, and we hope you love it as much as we do!