Need to take a dessert to a party or event? Have a surprise group of guests over for dinner? Look no further, we have the easiest dessert for you! The dump cake is one of the easiest desserts you can make and the best part is, your guests will never know it took just three ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time to make it!
How to Make a Dump Cake Gluten Free
Making a gluten free dump cake is just as simple as making a regular dump cake. The only ingredient you will have to swap out of the original recipe is the cake mix. Simply, use a gluten free box cake mix and voilà, it is gluten free! If you are making more than one dump cake and only one is gluten free, pay extra close attention to which one is which as they will look identical.
Prep Time, Cook Time and Serving Size of a Dump Cake
The gluten free dump cake takes about 10 minutes of prep time and 45-60 minutes of cook time. It will serve about 12 people.
Ingredients You Need to Make Gluten Free Dump Cake
- 1 box of any gluten free cake mix
- 1 16 oz can of any fruit topping- can be either syrup or juice in the mixture
- 1.5 sticks of cold butter
Some Fan Favorite Dump Cake Flavors
The amazing thing about Dump Cake is that the sky’s the limit when it comes to favor combinations! You can use pretty much any fruit topping and any cake mix flavor you would like to. Some favorite combinations are:
- Cherries with yellow cake mix
- Cherries with chocolate cake mix
- Apples with yellow cake mix
- Blueberries with white cake mix
- Peach with yellow cake mix* Note if you do make a peach, we recommend sprinkling cinnamon over the peaches before covering it with the cake mix. You will get more of a peach cobbler taste by adding this step!
- Cherries and crush pineapple with white cake mix
- Apples with spice cake mix
- Apricots with spice cake mix
- Pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and spice cake mix with chopped pecans on top
Cooking Tools You will Need
When it comes to cooking utensils needed for a dump cake, you will need to have a glass baking dish or a tin baking pan, oven mitts, a knife, and a serving spoon. You can also skip the baking pan and over and make a dump cake in your crock pot!
How to Make Gluten Free Dump Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dump your fruit topping can into the baking dish
- Dump the box cake mix over top the fruit
- Spread the cake mix so that the fruit is completely covered, but DO NOT mix it
- Slice up your cold butter sticks and place them on top of the cake mix
- Bake for 45 minutes to a hour or until the top is golden brown
- Serve hot over ice cream
How to Make Slow Cooker Dump Cake
No oven? No Problem! You can make dump cake in your crock pot just as easily as in an oven. Simply follow the same steps as above and cook your dump cake on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
Make Dump Cake For Your Next Gathering
Dump cake is perfect for any gallering! So, try making your own following our recipe and share it with your family and friends at your next gathering. Making dump cake for a special occasion? Tag us on Instagram so we can see what combination you tried!
Until next time…